Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Blah!

We've been sick around here again. This time it was both Brian & I. At the same time. With the worst strep we've both ever had. 2 sick parents + 5 children= HELP!!!  We both wanted to call our mommies to come bail us out but we knew that both of them were busy. Thankfully, we both alternated our good moments vs bad moments until Alexa got home from work on Saturday.So glad that she's at the age where she can help out in that way. She did tell me I could have my job back though! ha! No need for child development for that kid! She living it! 

The bad thing is that we had baptism scheduled for Charlie on Sunday & dinner planned for right after that with both of our families. Both of us knew it wasn't an option with how sick we were. I didn't really get out of bed all day Sunday & I'm pretty sure we would have spread germs everywhere. We have so looked forward to this day & we didn't want to just get through it. We want to enjoy & reflect on 1 of God's greatest promises for us & our children. It can be rescheduled & food can be reheated & made again. We know that some family won't be able to be there & I hate that! But you got to do what you got to do!

So now we are in recovery mode & it's been slow going for me. No moving too fast for me! Yuck! Everyday is getting better but I am not near where I'd like to be. Just disappointing for me since this is my last week at home because I go back to work on Monday. Not what I had in mind for this week! I guess if nothing else, it made me slow down & just sit with my boys, at least during the day. Of course kids still need to be brought to the gazillionth soccer game of the season. Okay, maybe exaggerated there but still, wow! We've seen a ton of soccer between the 3 kids! Good thing I enjoy watching soccer & there's lots of space for Jackson to run.

Hope to post some new pictures of Charlie soon! I've been taking them but just haven't had the energy or time to post them! Hope everyone in Iowa is enjoying this warm weather!

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait for more pics...but praying you are doing much better SOON!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete