Monday, June 13, 2011

Sweet 16

I can't believe my baby girl, Alexa,  is 16 today!! I am tearing up just typing that! These years are just flying by & I would love to find a way to just freeze time for a while. In 2 more years, I will be looking at the possibility of her going off to college. My heart just hurts at that thought! But I also love seeing what a lovely young woman she is becoming. I'd love to know how we got so lucky but we are so blessed by her. She juggles all the stuff in her life so well & I wish I could have enjoyed life like she does back when I was a teenager.

 She takes her school work very seriously & we are proud that she managed to get a 4.0 this last semester, with a 3.96 for the year. She is also working at Subway, doing drill team & football cheer leading & playing soccer. Yeah, she's a busy girl but we want her to enjoy these years. We love her friends & we welcome them over at our house anytime! Well, maybe not after midnight! ha! Most of all, we love her strong faith in the Lord. We pray that it continues to grow & that she relies on Him to be making some big life decisions in the future! We love you Alexa & we can't wait to see what 16 holds for you!!


No comments:

Post a Comment