Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Never Thought It Would Affect Me This Way

Yesterday was Martin Luther King Jr Day. While I've studied in history class about him & what he stood for, I don't know if I ever took the time to realize what his movement back in in 1963 would mean to my life and my family. I truly believe that without the civil rights movement that he started, transracial adoption would not be as accepted as it is today. It would not be okay for a white family to adopt a black child. I can't even think about not having Charlie in our lives. He is our son, grandson, brother, nephew & cousin. He is not defined by the color of skin. He is a child of God just like every person on this earth.


"I have a dream . . . that one day little black boys and black girls will be able to join hands with little white boys and white girls and walk together as sister and brothers." Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. The dream is alive, Dr. King

No comments:

Post a Comment