Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Yet Another Direction

Shortly after being thrilled today to finish up our last piece of paperwork and feeling like we got over a huge hurdle of being done with our homestudy, we got an email from the agency that we were hoping to use. They stated that they had been flooded with interest and many families coming forward. With all this, they decided they would no longer accept out of state families. While I understand their reasoning behind it & I'm glad they didn't waste any more of our time, we are still extremely disappointed. I was starting to get this impression from them last week when I had sent a couple of emails to them and the response I was getting was a little questionable. So last week I started to look at a couple of other options just in case something was going on that we weren't aware of. We have found a couple of agencies that we really did like so we are exploring those options. The biggest problem with doing this switch is the issue of money. I hate that money has to even be a factor in making this kind of decision but it does. No matter what our next option is, it's going to cost us a lot more than we originally thought. Oddly enough, we are still at peace with it. We know that everything that happened today was not a suprise to God & He has this all in His control. We just need to be open to His will & it will all come together in His perfect time.

I'll keep you posted on what happens from here. We have some time before our fingerprints come back. That gives us some time to work some of these details out. Just keep us in your prayers that the right path becomes obvious.

2 comments:

  1. Wow.....I can imagine how hard that must be to hear. I remember getting so excited after hearing about the need for families in the US and for some reason, I just felt God telling me not to start forward with the process yet. I've been following everyone's stories that I could find and it's so nice to be able to follow yours. One day I would love to adopt, but right now I just don't feel God telling us to move forward yet. But, if he does in the future, I pray I will be obedient. Best of luck to you on your journey!! I am adopted and know full well the beautiful blessing that it is!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. were you guys going with covenent care out of georgia? we looked into them but they said they were overwhelmed with responses due to blog postings! We found one in our state that we love and are in the process of converting our international home study to a domestic one!

    ReplyDelete