Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Tasty Tuesday

Ok, it's just nasty cold outside & I don't particularly like cold temps(-5!). Well, who really does? If you say you do, don't tell me because I don't want to hear it! Anyway, the only good thing about colder weather is that I love to make soup!! This one will knock your socks off & even my oldest daughter who hates tomato soup loves this one & begged me to make it again soon! Found this gem on www.food.com!

Creamy Tomato Basil Bisque


Directions:

  1. Heat oil in saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook 5 minutes. Add tomatoes, sugar, vinegar, basil, bay leaf, and broth. Cover, and simmer 10 minutes. Remove bay leaf.
  2.  
  3. Puree soup in blender or food processor until smooth. Strain through fine mesh strainer into sauce pan; return to simmer. Remove from heat, and stir in half-and-half. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Garnish with basil.


I also did grilled cheese sandwiches with this but did them with smoked provolone instead of velveeta or american cheese. You also MUST use the fire roasted tomatoes! I can't imagine the flavor being as good with just regular tomatoes. So enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment