Sunday, May 2, 2010

Blessed

There are so many times that I forget exactly how blessed we are. When I do have a chance to sit back and reflect, I can't imagine why I don't realize it all the time. We have a wonderful home, financial stability, great kids, wonderful church family & a wonderful extended family. We are much more blessed that most people in this world & yet we can tend to not recognize what we have.

Last night we were blessed enough to be reminded of a huge blessing that we have. The blessing of friends. The blessing of giving. As part of our fundraising, we are doing suppers in our home for a donation. Brian is very well known for his ability to cook ribs. They are so good that I never order them in a restaurant because I know that I will just be disappointed so I don't even bother. Anyway, we were blessed to have 4 couples join us for a wonderful rib supper. It was a great evening of food & hanging out. Toward the end of the evening, they were kind enough to give us their donation. We are so blessed by these wonderful people! I'm not going to name names in this story but I just have to tell it because both Brian & I were humbled by this act of selflessness. 1 of the women there was explaining that there was some extra money that she had put in. Earlier that day, she was explaining to her kids where they were going & why. Her oldest son then said how neat it was that we were adopting & if he could give some of his own money. As she was telling me this story, I was doing everything in my power to get rid of the lump in my throat. It may not have seemed like a large dollar amount but it meant the world to us. This boy felt so compelled in his heart to help us bring our son home that he gave some of his own money. Oh, the ways God is working in our hearts & the hearts of others through this journey, even in the small ways through a very selfless act of boy whose heart was tugged by God to give to our fund! The only word to describe it is HUMBLING!

Yet again, still waiting for fingerprints! We are making some phone calls to try to get a time frame of when we will see those back. I tried to call 1 phone number & I do have to say that I really don't ever care to get that person on the other end ever again! She was rude & mean & wouldn't even answer the 2 questions that I had. I know she probably deals with all kinds of people in a day but when someone is being pleasant & just asking a couple of questions, it was totally uncalled for! I don't know this person's life story so I try to be a little forgiving but if how she treats people on the phone is any indication of what kind of person she is, we need to pray for God to soften her heart! Can't wait to update with more news than we are just "waiting"! And yes, it's all part of the journey!

2 comments:

  1. Your post really touched me, especially right now. Thanks for reminding me of my many blessings.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great fundraising idea and what a heart that young boy has! :)

    ReplyDelete