Thursday, May 20, 2010

It Has Arrived!

Got an email from our caseworker today that our precious package made it there safe & sound! They will have to go over everything & then let us know when we are officially approved. Then our wait begins. I don't know if anyone can prepare themselves for this stage. I know ultimately we are never fully in control but at least in the paperwork stage we had a hand in filling out papers & making profile books. We had long discussions on possible situations we would be willing to consider & how we would handle certain things. Now that all those things are decided & we've done what we can, it is ALL up to God. There is nothing more that we can do to speed up the process or "make" a birthmom choose us to place her child with. This part of the wait is going to really test our trust in God's timing. I know looking back on so many things we see God's perfect timing but I totally stink at the "waiting" on Him before things happen. I keep not wanting to learn that lesson so God has to try to teach me over & over again so I get it right!

So, to fill my time(like I need help with that this time of year), I've been working on a little project that I've wanted to do since we moved into this house 9 months ago. Alexa is really into photography & has taken a couple of little classes on it. She took some pictures last year that blew our socks off & I knew I wanted to do something with them. After looking at several options & not really having a ton of money to spend on it, we decided to mount them on wood boxes to make standouts. I ordered the pictures in 16 X 20 & Brian built the boxes out of wood & I painted them black. Then we mounted the pictures on matte board & put them on the boxes. They turned out awesome! Thanks Brian for doing this for me! Here's a pic of what they turned out like! We think she's got some talent in this department!



1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on making it (almost) to the waiting stage!!! And beautiful pictures Alexa!!!

    ReplyDelete