Sunday, May 23, 2010

No Longer a Soccer Mom

We did it. We made it to the end of the soccer season for 3 kids. I never dreamt that having 3 different kids with 3 different soccer schedules could be so interesting. I know there are you veteran moms who have been doing this for a long time & you definitely get a standing ovation from me for having the stamina to do this all year round. I'm glad that I don't yet. I guess this is where it comes in handy to have kids spaced out in age a little. We averaged about 6-7 soccer games a week, depending on weather. We really had a fun time & Jackson did better than I thought he would with having to tag along to all these games. Candy & pretzel were a life saver this soccer season. He also found it lots of fun to practice on the sidelines with his own ball. I'm sure there will be a lot of soccer games ahead for us in the future & we will try to enjoy the busyness of it.

We now move into ball season but Wyatt is our only 1 in that so that will seem like a piece of cake at 2 nights a week. Alexa is going to be starting drivers ed soon & will be going to open gym for the summer. I think she will like the flexibility of her summer to give her break. Emma will be going to Bible school & volleyball camp. Wyatt is also going to Bible school. I'm sure the kids will put lots of miles on their bikes & lots of hours at the pool. We are definitely loving the warmer weather.

Here are a few pictures from this season:



No comments:

Post a Comment