Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Tasty Tuesday

I have a few wonderful soup recipes coming but with the temps being in the 90's today, I couldn't post them. So I'm posting one of my favorite healthy recipes. It's also very easy & who doesn't love easy! I got the idea for this one off of http://www.eatingwell.com/. I have made quite a few of their recipes & they are delicious! I took what they call Crispy Turkey Tostadas & made my own recipe.

Spicy Chicken Tacos

3-4 pounds chicken breasts
(I put them in the crockpot around noon with 3 cups of water & 2 chicken bouillon cubes & some Cavendar's Greek seasoning)
Drain liquid & shred chicken
2 cans diced mexican tomatoes(these will have chiles or jalepenos in)
2 teaspoons cumin
salt & pepper
Tortillas(it calls for corn tortillas but we prefer flour, or you can buy tostadas already made)
Guacamole
lettuce
sour cream
fresh cilantro
salsa
Monterey Jack Cheese, shredded

This is most definitely one to create into what you like. The basics are the chicken with the mexican tomatoes & cumin. Then just add whatever toppings you like. I do add the tomatoes & cumin in for a while in the crockpot just to let the flavors soak in. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment