Thursday, March 4, 2010

1st Homestudy Done!!

YAY!! First homestudy is now done. It was basically a run down of all the information that we need to get in place. Wow! I just keep telling myself that the end result will be so worth & I know that it will. At least I know where most of the stuff is that we need. Here is a list of what we need in place:

Photo of our family
everyone's birth certificates & social security cards
Any diplomas that Brian & I have earned
Most recent income tax filings
Proof of Car insurance
Proof of Health insurance
Proof of Home owners insurance
Floor plan of our house with measurements
Disaster plan: 1) Fire
2) Tornado
3) Blizzard
Shot records for the dog
Dr. Health forms

We have our next homestudy this coming Tuesday & we are hoping to have the majority of this stuff done, except the dr's forms since she didn't have them with her this time. We are looking forward to crossing some stuff off of our list of things to do. Right now Brian is building bunkbeds for the boys so that we have more room up here. Thank goodness for a really large bedroom on the main floor! Well, I'm off to fill out forms!! Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck getting all your papers together and forms ready! Thanks so much for this post! We are praying and thinking about domestic adoption, ever since I heard about Covenant Care. Originally, I was leaning toward Ethiopian adoption. Anyhow, this info is SO helpful! Now I will know what to look for, because there's no telling where all of our certificates and things are. LOL! I may have to request them from the state :)

    ReplyDelete