Friday, March 19, 2010

Another step done

We had our 3rd homestudy done this past Monday. Only 1 more to go!! We won't have our final homestudy til March 29. We got through quite a few things & really only have a couple things left to discuss. Things really are moving along quickly & it makes me excited & nervous all at the same time! We also are down to only needing a few things left to hand in for our home study.
1. Doctor's forms(which we both needed physicals updated)
2. House plans with room dimension
-Disaster plans for fire, tornado & blizzard with this
3. Fingerprints for our criminal background checks for Brian, me & Alexa

So, typically we left the most unpleasant for last!! After our homestudy, we will need to send an approved copy along with our application to the adoption agency. From there, we will have some things to complete on that end. I know that since we are out of state, we will have to complete a class that is on DVD & do some "homework" in regards to that. We will then have an adoption support person from the agency help us with getting our profile book together.


At the same time, we are filling out several grant applications. I'm still doing some research to see which ones we even qualify to send in for. We are just praying for at least 1 of these to come through but there is never a guarantee that any of them will. We know that with the economy, many places that give these grants run on donations & have been struggling. We will just trust that God knows exactly where we will get the remainder of the money to complete this adoption & He has never let us down yet!

Well, off to my domestic duties! I was hoping to stall enough to talk myself out of doing the bathrooms but it must be done! Where's a maid when you need one?? haha!

4 comments:

  1. I am so glad your process is moving along! We were supposed to have our last "big" homestudy visit today..but our caseworker had to cancel...but with good reason: CC had a placement happen this morning! So...we have everything finished but that last homestudy..and I am finishing up our profile. Oh, I am still working on an email for you...but just so you know, CC does not require that you have the baby's room ready or that you have pictures of the room for your profile. Do you know who your caseworker is yet? I'm gonna go finish up that email to you! Blessings on your day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Julie! I look forward to your email!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Continue to pray for your family on this wonderful journey... although I have to admit that I laughed when I read about the criminal background check for Alexa, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know! Isn't that funny? She just looked at me like "What in the world could I have done?" I will take that innocent approach any day!

    ReplyDelete