Saturday, March 13, 2010

Things are moving along

We had our 2nd homestudy this past Tuesday & we will have another one this coming Monday. We are still working on getting our list of paperwork done. I had hoped to have the majority of it done by now but I guess with life being busy, slow & steady will have to do. I'm hoping this week to have a little bit of time to get the rest of the paperwork done so we can cross that off our list.

We have also been working on getting the wood for the bunk beds prepped & the crib redone. I will have to admit, I'm not all that good at the woodwork stuff & would much rather have a paint brush in my hand. The crib needed to be redone since our 3 youngest decided to use it as their teething ring when they were babies so we decided to sand it down & paint it. Some may ask why we are working so hard at getting the room set up since placement times can vary so much. Well, we need to have a profile book sent in for the birth families to look at & it is nice to put pictures in the book of the room the baby will be in. It will also be nice to just have it done in case of a quick placement so we won't be having to work on that once we bring our child home.

Aside from all the adoption stuff, we've enjoyed the past couple of days in Des Moines watching the Wolfpack boys win the state basketball championship! Brian made a point of working some of the time while he was down there so this trip wasn't all fun & games for him but we had a good time. Taking Jackson was a little interesting but he actually did fairly well except for Thursday when the game was right during nap time. He fell asleep at the beginning of the game & I thought I was going to have it made! WRONG! About 1/2 way through the 2nd quarter, the Wolfpack made a good run & all the cheering(myself included) woke him up & that did not sit well with my little man, who doesn't tend to wake up nicely, even when he has had enough sleep. So Brian & I took turns out in the hallway to finish watching that game. We took the kids to Chuck E Cheese yesterday to kill some time since I was NOT going to take 3 kids shopping in a mall by myself when I really don't like shopping all that much anyway.(I know, I know! Sounds weird coming from a woman!) They had a blast & we had fun watching them have that fun. After getting home around 2 this morning, today will hopefully be more low key. Well, maybe. Alexa has volleyball this afternoon so maybe after that!

Can't wait to update more soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment