Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Thinking about her

There is another post by Julie, another blogger who is going through the same agency as we are, that got me really thinking about our future birthmom. Sure, we've talked about the fact that there will be a birthmom but lately it's becoming extremely real what this whole adoption will entail. It will involve heartache, loss & a huge sacrifice by this courageous woman. This past weekend we were riding through a not so great part of Des Moines & as we were stopped at a stoplight, I looked to my right & there, with a huge sign in the window, was a woman's clinic offering "birth right services". I couldn't help but wonder who the person was that placed this clinic in such a "convenient" low income area. Then the thoughts drifted to our future birthmom & I started wondering. Who is she? What is she doing right now? Did she just find out she is pregnant or is she further along & still not sure of what to do? Has she contemplated aborting this child & visited a place similar to this? What living conditions is she in? Does she know Jesus & all that His unfailing love & ultimate sacrifice can do for her?

Knowing what it's like to find yourself young & unexpectedly pregnant, I feel for her. It can be a very scary, lonely time, especially without the support of the father. Life as you know it will forever be changed. I pray to God that He gives this birthmother the strength to give her child life. For her to know that she will forever be a blessing to this child, even if she chooses not to parent. I hope that at some point, we will be able to meet her & tell her what she means to us & to this child. I hope that if we do get a chance to meet her, that she can know the love of God through us. I know that some of this sounds like a fairy tale but it is my wish & my hope to be a blessing to her too, for her to know that her child will be well cared for & loved like our own, even if he may not look like us. We want to raise this child to become a good Christian man, as this is our first goal with all our children.

So if you would, please join me in praying for our future birthmom & for all the future & past birthmoms out there. So that they may know that there is a better choice for her & for these children & that God will give them the strength they need to make this loving, selfless choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment