Sunday, June 13, 2010

Can't Believe She's 15


Seriously?? How in the world can she be 15?? I just think that it is so unfair that they she has to grow up! Now don't get me wrong. I love to see my kids grow & mature but the realization of how fast it's going is starting to hit me. I don't really like it at all!

I can't believe that it was 15 years ago that I was in a hospital room, wondering how in the world I was going parent this beautiful baby girl by myself at 17. That's only 2 years older than she is! Yikes! Okay, I wasn't really alone since my parents & family were totally there for me but there is something to be said about the emotional support of a spouse. I can say that now since I'm on this end of things. Regardless, I couldn't be more proud of my daughter & who she has become. She has embraced who she is better than I ever would have done at her age. She has a faith that Christian parents dream of for their children. Quoting the title of our blog, it really is "Only by God's Grace". We love how you will just pitch in & help around the house (well, most of the time). We love how Jackson just adores his "Lala" & loves to spend time with her. We love how responsible  she is with her school work & extra activities. We look forward to seeing her grow & mature. We also look forward to embarrassing her in front of her friends alot too!

Alexa-Hope you enjoyed your day today & we wish you many more birthdays in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment