Monday, November 15, 2010

Smooth Move

I'm sure this will come as a complete shock but I can tend to pull some good moves at times. I'm really not a full out klutz but I can thank my mother (whom I love dearly) for being a little clumsy from time to time. Yesterday was no exception. We had baptism for my nephew, Kasen, yesterday morning so we had to be leaving the house quite a bit earlier than normal for a Sunday morning. I hadn't heard Alexa get up so I thought I would quickly run downstairs to see if she was, in fact, up & getting ready. Well, we have a wooden gate that automatically shuts behind you to go downstairs & as I stepped on the 2nd step, my foot literally slide off the step & I was on my way to landing very hard on my back side. So what's the natural thing to do? Grab onto anything for dear life to keep from falling all the way down! I had 1 hand on the gate & the other on the staircase & it caused a huge jolt on my arms & their sockets but I did stop myself, hard! I knew right away that the muscles in my arms & side were going to be hurting. I thought I was fine until this morning. I couldn't lift my arms above my head & I had a hard time getting Jackson dressed. I was also struggling at work with getting files put away on the top shelf. I'm hoping this is the worst it gets or I am in for it!

Just a couple weeks ago, I accidentally left my bottom drawer to my dresser open when I went to bed but wanted to quick get up & switch some laundry. I ran right into that drawer! Yep, I thought I broke a couple of toes but it was just black & blue for a while.

Des will get a kick out of this one! A few years ago when we raised golden retrievers, Brian & I thought it would be a good idea to take 1 of our new females on our walk/run with us. She was doing so good that we decided to run. We didn't get very far & something spooked her & the next thing I know, she ran right into me & totally took me out! My whole right side was completely scraped up.(Now you know why I refuse to run unless being chased!) I was picking gravel out of my arm for a week!

Okay, I think that's enough smooth moves for me for a while! If not, I need to look at getting better insurance because I am really intent on hurting myself lately!

No comments:

Post a Comment