Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Feeling the Pinch

We have been working hard to get all the forms & money in place so that all the parties involved have what they need to make sure that this placement goes smoothly. It hasn't been an easy process as some things have come up that we were not ready for. We thought we would have a little more time to gather the remaining money & that just isn't the case. We are scrambling to figure out what to do at this point. We have tried to think of a quick fundrasier to do but we don't really have any ideas nor the time to really put anything on. We have relied on God to get us to this point & we hope & pray that He provides the remainder of the funds that we need to bring our baby home. What a testimony of His goodness it would be to walk away with every penny of this adoption paid for!! We know He can do it but we also know that He might require us to be more creative, whatever that might be.

I hate worrying about money. I hate the love of money. I hate the want of more money. I hate our reliance on money to make us happy. I hate what money does to people(including me). I hate what emphasis our society puts on having, making & hoarding money. I hate that money can tear marriages & families apart. I hate that adoption costs so much money but it does & I need to get over it.

So if you would pray for us that things would fall into place financially & that God would allow us to find a way to come up with the rest of what we need. We know it's a small price to pay to give this child a loving home & we are taking a few steps back to look at the bigger picture!

2 comments:

  1. WOW - haven't checked your blog for a couple weeks so just found out (from bulletin) the exciting news that you've been chosen to parent a little one on the way soon!! So happy for you guys! God called you to this and He will provide...somehow, some way. Keep trusting and know that your church family is praying too!

    ReplyDelete