Monday, October 11, 2010

Survival Mode

We've just been in survival mode here this past week. Brian left Tuesday night to go fishing in Canada with his dad,  brother, brother-in-law, cousin & a friend. The kids were off of school Thursday & Friday. I had to work my normal hours & still keep things under control. So that often throws me into survival mode. Doing only what is necessary at that moment so things don't fall apart. Luckily, I had a couple of great helpers in my girls who stepped in to help out. Things really did go well but I am glad to have Brian home to help ease the stress of single parenting. This week should be much better with him being home a lot more so we will just take it while we can. The weather has been gorgeous here & we keep commenting how fast time is going. I'll credit that to the nice weather. It makes winter seem so much more bearable when we don't have it near as long. We know that winter is just around the corner & that makes me cringe. I really don't mind snow but only for about 2 days & then I'm sick of it. But we'll hold on to the 65-70 degree temps for as long as we can! Now to only get the sun to stay out longer!

No comments:

Post a Comment