Wednesday, October 27, 2010

The "S" Word

I know it's not an official swear word but I declared it one in our house. It's white, it's cold & not wanted! Yep, I'm gonna officially swear on my blog but since it's my blog, I can do what I want! It's SNOW!!! Ugh! It's here & it's cold! I knew I should have never stated earlier how nice it had been because now it's just yucky outside! We've had colder temperatures & the wind has been blowing like mad! Wind advisorys & hearing the term "wind chill" just send me into a major funk! I need to remind myself of why we still live here! Any ideas?? Anyone??

Okay, to be honest, I don't really hate snow in itself. It's more the stuff that comes along with it. Cold, wind & shoveling. The last one doesn't really fully apply to me since I don't do it. Not unless my van is stuck or if the wheel suddenly comes off the pick-up while trying to get out of a snowbank(not that I would know what that would be like!) hehe!

So now to focus on the littlest, tiniest bit of good that can come from this kind of weather. Hmm, let me think! Oh! Got one! It's our fireplace! I miss listening to the crackling of the wood while sitting on my couch snuggled underneath a blanket. I never knew I would love it so much but I do. It's one of those things that can only be done with colder weather & that is something we do have here. Now let's just hope it doesn't decide to stay too long!

2 comments:

  1. I'm jealous! It was 94 hot, humid, stinkin degrees here today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok so the funny part for me is that all the years we lived in Iowa- 30 for me.....and I never had a fireplace. Now that I live in Louisiana where it is still warm all year long basically- we have a fireplace. Of course we can only use it twice a year if that.

    ReplyDelete